Manager, Children’s Home (for Girls)
Location: 196, Mohess Road, Debe, Penal
Job Summary: responsible for managing all aspects of the Home; ensures that high levels of emotional and physical care, appropriate activities and comfortable accommodation are provided to the residents; fulfils all requirements / obligations as set out by the Children’s Authority and all laws relating to the care of children in Homes; and for medium to long term placements of the residents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, co-ordinates and develops a range of quality services for the residents.
- Provides effective leadership by implementing appropriate strategies to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provides vision and leadership to staff.
- Performs needs assessments and assists with staff’s training and development.
- Takes a proactive role in improving in the quality of services provided by the Home.
- Contributes to the development of policies and other improvement initiatives
- Develops/maintains effective communication strategies and systems
- Participates in recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, health, safety and other related matters
- Ensures that all Health and Safety Regulations are complied with.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
BSc degree in Social Work or related field. Additional training in this area will be an asset
Extensive (at least 5 years) experience working with children with at least three (3) years at a senior level
Supervisory or managerial experience
First Aid certification
Knowledge of Information Technology including keeping electronic records
Experience working with professionals such as social workers
Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
Two (2) written references with contact information
Police certificate of character issued within six (6) months prior to date of application
Medical statement of good physical and mental health
Applications to be sent to:
SWAHA Inc., #19, Chotoo Street, Aranguez
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org